Israel Hama War: The Israeli army ordered at least one million Palestinians to evacuate northern Gaza and move towards the far south, after which people have started fleeing the area in large numbers. Amid Israel’s warning to civilians to leave, fears of ground action have increased. At the same time, Egyptian officials said that the southern Rafah border will open after Saturday for the first time in several days to allow foreign citizens to exit. Israel has said that Palestinians can safely travel on two main routes from 10 am to 4 pm local time.
Israel’s threat is heavy, Gaza is getting evacuated
Amid the ongoing attacks by Israel on Friday, people loaded cars, trucks and mules with family members and some essential items and set out towards the main roads in the south. However, Hamas has urged Gaza residents to stay in their homes. The United Nations and other aid groups have said such a rapid exodus would lead to untold humanitarian suffering, with hospital patients and others unable to move. Thousands of Palestinians have already moved towards the south. But a large part of the population is spread up to 20 kilometers away. Many roads were destroyed due to air strikes and there was a shortage of fuel. Thousands of people have gone to a UN-run school-shelter in Deir al-Balah, south of the evacuation zone.
People are dying in Israeli attacks-Hamas
Israel’s military said its troops carried out temporary raids in Gaza to flush out militants and search for about 150 people abducted following Hamas’ attack on Israel nearly a week ago. The Gaza Health Ministry said on Saturday that more than 2,200 people had been killed in the territory, including 724 children and 458 women. The Israeli government said that the Hamas attack killed more than 1,300 Israelis, most of whom were civilians, and that approximately 1,500 Hamas militants were killed during the fighting. Fearing a mass exodus of Palestinians, Egyptian authorities erected temporary walls on the Egyptian side of the heavily guarded Rafah border. This border has been closed for several days due to Israeli air strikes.
We will destroy Hamas- IDF
Friday’s Gaza raid is the first sign that Israeli troops have entered the area since the army began a round-the-clock bombardment in retaliation for Hamas attacks. Since the start of the fighting, Palestinian militants have fired more than 5500 rockets at Israel. The army said that the soldiers returned after the raid. Israel has mobilized about 360,000 reserves and a large number of troops and tanks along the border with Gaza, but no decision has been announced about launching a ground attack. The attack in densely populated Gaza is likely to cause more casualties on both sides. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Friday night, we will destroy Hamas.
Foreign hostages died in Israeli attack: Hamas
Hamas has said that 13 hostages, including foreign nationals, were killed in Israeli air strikes. The Israeli army denied the claim. Hamas and other Palestinian militants hope to exchange hostages for thousands of Palestinians held in Israeli jails. Meanwhile, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken met Saudi Arabia’s Foreign Minister Faisal bin Farhan in Riyadh on Saturday and Both called on Israel to protect civilians in Gaza.
Foreigners allowed to enter Egypt
Egyptian officials said Egypt, Israel and the United States have agreed to allow foreign nationals in Gaza to enter Egypt through the Rafah border crossing. The official said that Israel has agreed to refrain from attacking areas through which foreign citizens pass while leaving the Palestinian territory. According to the United Nations, at least 423,000 people have been forced from their homes as of Thursday due to Israeli air strikes since the Hamas attack.