New Delhi: After the abrogation of Article 370 from Jammu and Kashmir, today, for the first time, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will directly communicate with 14 people’s representatives of 8 parties of Jammu and Kashmir. At present, the agenda of the meeting convened at the Prime Minister’s residence at 3 pm has been kept secret. But it is believed that the government will discuss with the local representatives on the delimitation and other issues including the development of Jammu and Kashmir. Know ten big things related to this meeting
1. According to sources, the topic of delimitation in Jammu and Kashmir can be discussed in the meeting to be held today. Apart from the PM, Home Minister Amit Shah, Defense Minister Rajnath Singh, Jammu and Kashmir LG Manoj Sinha, NSA Ajit Doval, PM’s Principal Secretary PK Mishra, Home Secretary Ajay Bhalla and some other high officials can attend the meeting.
2. With this meeting, the process of delimitation will be considered as the beginning of the state. In a way, this is the beginning of wide consultation to take forward the democratic process in the state. The delimitation process can be a bit lengthy. The electoral process in Jammu and Kashmir can start only after preparation of a new voter list after delimitation and correction in it. It may still take a year for the electoral process to begin in Jammu and Kashmir. Delimitation will take place only under the laws of the country and the standards set by the Government of India.
3. According to sources, there is no proposal for any kind of discussion at present to give statehood to Jammu and Kashmir. Total 14 delegates called in the meeting are Farooq Abdullah, Omar Abdullah, Congress’s Ghulam Nabi Azad, Ghulam Ahmed Mir, Tarachand, PDP’s Mehbooba Mufti, BJP’s Nirmal Singh, Kavinder Gupta and Ravindra Raina, People’s Conference’s Muzaffar Baig and Sajjad Lone, Bhim Singh of Panthers Party, MY Tarigami of CPIM and Altaf Bukhari of JK Apni Party have been invited to the meeting.
4. Sources clarified with a strong tone that there will be no talks with Pakistan on the internal issue of Jammu and Kashmir at any level, those who stir up such a debate cannot be well-wishers of Jammu and Kashmir, the sources said in an equally strong tone. Cleared that no discussion can be held on the issue like removal of Article 370 and restoration of full statehood, this issue is unacceptable for the government.
5. PM Narendra Modi wants that what the state has achieved after the reorganization of Jammu and Kashmir and whatever can be done for the development of the state should be discussed with an open mind, for this, all the parties of Jammu and Kashmir should be open mind and Participate in the meeting mindfully. According to the information received, plans for the development of the state can also be discussed.
6. Ahead of the Prime Minister’s meeting, a senior official of the Delimitation Commission on Wednesday held discussions with all the Deputy Commissioners of Jammu and Kashmir on the reorganization of existing assembly constituencies and creation of seven new seats. Sources said that all the 20 Deputy Commissioners participated in an online meeting, in which information was collected about how to make the assembly seats more geographically organized.
7. Before the meeting, Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad said- We will take our stand in the all-party meeting only when the agenda will be placed before us in the meeting, because no agenda has been given to any of us so far. Three of us from Congress, Ghulam Ahmad Mir and Tarachand will attend the meeting.
8. Gupkar spokesperson and Left leader Yusuf Tarigami said, “No agenda has been given to us. We will attend the meeting to know what the Center is offering.” Tarigami is among the 14 leaders who have been invited to the meeting called by the Prime Minister.
9. BJP state president Ravindra Raina attacked Mehbooba Mufti before leaving for the meeting. Speaking on the statements of Mehbooba Mufti said that talks cannot go together, bullet and speech cannot go together. He said that talks with Pakistan can happen only then. When Pakistan establish peace and brotherhood and all its secrets have closed terrorist camps.
10. Professor Bhim Singh of Panthers Party said that this step of the Prime Minister is definitely welcome because this dialogue was much needed. The good thing is that the Prime Minister has invited all the political parties associated with Jammu and Kashmir for talks. During the talks with the Prime Minister, the main demand will be that assembly elections should be held in Jammu and Kashmir at the earliest.
From sedition cases to love jihad… Know UP CM Yogi Adityanath’s answer
CM Yogi Adityanath: CM Yogi said a big thing about the dead bodies flowing in the river, this tradition happens in many villages