Lucknow: The Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) of the Uttar Pradesh Police on Monday made a sensational disclosure of religious conversion of backward and poor people, including deaf and dumb people, by arresting two people. Important revelations are being made during the interrogation of the arrested people in this case. ATS has arrested Mufti Qazi Jehangir Alam and Mohammad Umar Gautam of the conversion gang.
What are the allegations so far in the UP conversion case?
– Umar Gautam’s connection with Zakir Naik has come to the fore. People of Zakir Naik’s organization IRF were in touch with Omar.
– Terror angle is coming to the fore in the investigation of the conversion case. There are allegations of conversion gangs being associated with terrorist organizations.
– There have also been allegations of foreign funding and terror funding.
– There is an allegation of converting poor people by luring them with money, jobs and marriage.
– The investigating agencies have come to know that an officer of the Child and Women Welfare Department of the Central Government also used to help the accused.
– The role of another organization in this matter is also being investigated. This organization is also in Delhi and its head is known as the Khalifa of Conversion.
– There is also talk of getting donations at the behest of Pakistani intelligence agency ISI.
– Investigating agencies have also found clues about converting deaf and dumb children being used in ‘Jihadi’ activities.
– There are allegations of conversion gangs being involved in anti-national activities.
– According to the information so far, apart from Hindu, there has been talk of conversion of children of Christian, Jain and Sikh families in large numbers.
Let us inform that Uttar Pradesh Police’s Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) Prashant Kumar had told on Monday that Mufti Qazi Jehangir Alam (resident) of the gang who converted deaf students and poor people with the lure of money, jobs and marriage. Jogabai, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi) and Mohammad Umar Gautam (resident Batla House, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi) have been arrested by the ATS.
In the interrogation of Umar Gautam, conversion has been confirmed – Police
Prashant Kumar said that the ATS was getting information for some time that by collecting money from Pakistan’s intelligence agency ISI and other foreign means, some people are trying to convert and spread mutual enmity among religious classes. On this information, the team of ATS Uttar Pradesh on Sunday arrested Qazi Jahangir and Umar Gautam after interrogation. He told that a case has been registered against him and his organization Islamic Dawa Center and others at Lucknow’s ATS police station on various charges including cheating, conspiracy, spreading religious enmity, insulting any religion.
Prashant Kumar told that Umar Gautam was a Hindu at first but he accepted Muslim religion and became active in getting the conversion done. He quoted Omar as saying that so far he has converted about a thousand non-Muslim people to Muslim religion and got them married to Muslims. This campaign is being run through an organization called Islamic Dawa Center operating in Jamia Nagar, New Delhi. According to the police, in the interrogation of Umar Gautam, conversion has been confirmed.