New Delhi: The people facing the wrath of heat in North India will not get relief at the moment. The Meteorological Department has said that Delhi and adjoining areas of North West India will have to wait for another week for the first rain of monsoon. Normally the monsoon reaches Delhi by June 27 and knocks across the country by July 8. Last year the monsoon had reached Delhi on June 25 and had reached the entire country by June 29.
in the national capital–
- East Delhi has received 19.2 mm of rain, which is 65 percent less than the normal of 55.2 mm.
- North-East Delhi has received 20.7 mm of rain, which is 63 percent less than normal.
- South Delhi has received 22.2 mm of rain, 60 percent below normal.
- South-west Delhi and New Delhi have so far received 29.6 mm and 27.7 mm of rain respectively , which is 52 percent less than the normal rainfall.
- North Delhi has received 37.7 mm of rain, which is 34 percent less than the normal and
- Northwest Delhi has recorded 29.8 mm of rainfall. So far, only West Delhi has received normal rainfall, which is 30 percent less than the average.
- Only West Delhi has received 53.5 mm of rain as against the average of 55.5 mm.
Kishtwar received 93 percent less rain
weather forecast for other states
Bihar, Sikkim, Sub-Himalayan West Bengal, Assam, Meghalaya and Arunachal Pradesh may receive light to moderate rain with one or two heavy spells. Light to moderate rain is likely over rest of Northeast India, parts of South Madhya Pradesh, parts of Vidarbha, Madhya Maharashtra, Konkan & Goa, Coastal Karnataka, Kerala, Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep. is.