Covid Vaccine: Vaccination campaign is going on in the country to prevent the deadly corona virus. There has been a significant increase in the corona vaccination campaign since June 21 and about 4.61 crore doses have been given in eight days. The great thing is that in June, on an average, 40.3 lakh doses were given every day. Whereas between June 21 and 28, an average of 57.68 lakh people were vaccinated daily. So far, a total of 33 crore 57 lakh 16 thousand people have been vaccinated in the country.
India surpassed these countries in an average of eight days
- Iraq made 4.02 crores
- Canada made 3.77 crores
- Saudi Arabia made 3.48 crores
- And Malaysia gave doses to a population of 3.23 crore.
What percentage of people of what age have been vaccinated so far??
- About 49 percent of the population of 60 years of age or older has received the first dose of corona vaccine.
- The population of people between 45 years and 59 years is about 209 million, out of which 42 percent people have been given the first dose of corona vaccine.
- About 15 percent of the 597 million people in the age group of 18 to 44 years have been given the first dose of the vaccine.
- Between May 1 and June 24, 56 percent of the dose was given in rural areas, while 44 percent of the dose was given in urban areas.
Tripura made record
Significantly, Tripura has administered the first dose of the vaccine to 98 percent people above the age of 45 years, which is a record made by any state in India. However, there are many states which have vaccinated 60 per cent of the people above the age of 45 years. These states are Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Lakshadweep, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Kerala, Mizoram, Sikkim and Uttarakhand.