New Delhi: The pockets of the general public have once again been hit. Petrol, diesel became more expensive today. Petrol has become costlier by 35 paise and diesel by 9 paise today. Petrol has become Rs 100.56 per liter and diesel Rs 89.62 per liter at Indian Oil Pump in Delhi. Petrol price has crossed Rs 100 in all major cities of the country.
Petrol price in Kolkata increased from Rs.100.23 per liter to Rs.100.62 per liter. Petrol prices in the other two metros (Chennai and Mumbai) have crossed the century mark sometime back. In Mumbai, it crossed the Rs 100 per liter mark on 29 May. Petrol price in Mumbai is now Rs 106.59 per litre.
Petrol-Diesel price in other cities…
- Mumbai today petrol at Rs 106.59 and diesel at Rs 97.18 per liter
- Kolkata today petrol at Rs 100.62 and diesel at Rs 92.65 per liter
- Chennai today petrol at Rs 101.37 and diesel at Rs 94.15 per liter
- Bhopal today petrol at Rs 108.88 and diesel at Rs 98.40 per liter
- Bengaluru today petrol at Rs 103.93 and diesel at Rs 94.99 per liter
- Patna today petrol at Rs 102.79 and diesel at Rs 95.14 per liter
- Chandigarh today petrol at Rs 96.70 and diesel at Rs 89.25 per liter
- Lucknow today petrol at Rs 96.67 and diesel at Rs 90.01 per liter
- Ranchi today petrol at Rs 95.70 and diesel at Rs 94.58 per liter
Starting from the price line of Rs 90.40 per liter on 1st May, now the price of petrol in the national capital has gone up to Rs 100.56 per liter, which is a sharp increase of Rs 10.16 per liter in the last 69 days. Similarly, the price of diesel in the capital also increased by Rs 8.89 per liter in the last two months to Rs 89.62 per liter in the national capital.