Corona Vaccination: On Wednesday, Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan held a meeting with Health Secretaries and Vaccination Officers of 15 states on Corona vaccination. Nodal representatives of two Kovid vaccine manufacturers Bharat Biotech and Serum Institute of India were also present in this meeting. The meeting was on the slow pace of vaccination being done through the Private Kovid Vaccination Center.
Health Secretaries and Immunization Officers of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Odisha, Telangana, Arunachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Gujarat, West Bengal, Delhi, Punjab and Haryana attended the meeting through video conference today. Happened.
Four main reasons for slow speed were found
- Many private Kovid Vaccination Centers (PCVCs) have not given any demand letter for prescribed quantity of corona vaccines.
- In many cases, the demand for the Kovid vaccine has been placed with the state government but the full amount of the indented vaccines has not been paid. In some cases no payment has been made for the demand letter.
- In some states, the amount of paid vaccines has not been physically picked up by the states or the PCVC.
- In some states, where the doses of vaccines have been raised by private centers, the actual administration of Kovid vaccines has been observed to be less than the quantity of vaccines raised.
Union Health Ministry advised the states
- Many state governments are required to facilitate vaccine procurement by PCVC. Therefore, the states were advised to review the situation on a daily basis and ensure that the demand for the prescribed quantity is passed on to the private vaccine manufacturers expeditiously.
- The State Governments and the PCVC have been advised to ensure that the gap between the quantity demanded and the payment for their purchases is zero.
- The states/PCVC will have to ensure speedy offtake of the sent doses.
- States have been advised to ensure that the remaining quantity of vaccines is given at the earliest.
On the slow pace of vaccination through the Private Kovid Vaccine Center, the states were advised to daily review the status and progress of vaccine procurement by PCVC. It was also advised to ensure quick and effective coordination between PCVC and vaccine manufacturers.
So far more than 38 crore 76 lakh doses of corona vaccine have been given in the country. read statistics