New Delhi: In order to make bus travel more convenient in Delhi and to reduce the waiting time of buses for passengers, the Delhi government has integrated the public transport transit system with Google Maps. With this initiative, real time location of Delhi’s DTC and Cluster buses will be available on Google Map. On Google Map itself, the passenger will be able to know the real time route of the buses, all the bus stops, arrival and departure timings in that route so that people can plan their journey till the last minute.
Transport Minister of Delhi Government Kailash Gehlot launched this scheme in collaboration with Google today. Till now the information of buses which was given in Google Map was according to the schedule, but now this information will be given on the basis of real time.
How to use-
– Open the Google Maps application on your Google or iOS device
– Enter your destination and ‘Go’ Tap the icon. Or ‘go’ Tap the icon and fill in the source and destination locations.
– If the destination is not already selected, click ‘Transit’ to see the time, bus number, route and real time arrival information highlighted in green or red. Tap on the icon.
– Tapping the selected route allows you to see more information about the route’s stops
– Tap on a bus stop to see a list of all incoming buses, showing real-time information
Delhi government says that with this partnership with Google, the Delhi government envisages creating a smart and traveller-friendly multi-modal transit planner in Delhi. Earlier in 2018, the Delhi government developed and published Open Transit Data in technical collaboration with the Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT-D) to provide real-time data access to the public including GPS feeds of all bus stops, route maps, time tables.
PM Modi will visit Kashi today, will inaugurate projects worth 1500 crores, know the full program of five hours