Kolkata: BJP West Bengal has organized a four-day statewide protest against vaccine fraud in Kolkata from July 13 to July 16. A massive protest will take place in the state capital on July 15. On July 15, at 12 noon, the rally at Alipore petrol pump will start at Alipore DM office. It will be headed by former minister Deboshree Chaudhary, MP Raiganj and state secretary Tushar Kanti Ghosh.
The protest will be against a fake vaccination racket, allegedly managed by a man named Debanjan Deb, who posed as an IAS officer.
Kolkata police had arrested him in June. Over 800 people, including TMC MP Mimi Chakraborty, were misled to get fake vaccines.
All party leaders including MPs will lead the protests in their respective constituencies and constituencies.
1. Dr. Sukant Majumdar, MP, Balurghat and in-charge, Sikkim, Balurghat will lead the DM office at Balurghat DM office.
2. Vice President Vishwapriyo Roy Chowdhury will lead from Barasat DM office.
3. Secretaries Sanghamitra Choudhary and Sarbari Mukherjee will lead in Baruipur SDO.
4. Vice President Ritesh Tiwari will lead in Bardhaman DM office.
5. Suri DM’s office will be headed by State Secretary Vivek Sonkar.
6. Asansol DM office will be headed by General Secretary Sayantan Basu.
7. Vice President Joy Prakash Mazumdar and MLA Asis Biswas will lead from Krishnanagar DM office.
8. From Barrackpore SDO office, Vice President Arijun Singh and Secretary Falguni Patra will lead.
9. Haringhata MLA Asim Sarkar will lead from Ranaghat SDO office.
10. National Secretary, ST Morcha, Khudiram Tudu will lead from Kalna SDO office.
11. State Secretary Tushar Mukherjee will lead from the CMOH office in Medinipur.
12. Bhaskar Bhattacharya will lead from Shrirampur SDO office.
13. Kunar Hembram, MP of Jhargram from the DM office of Jhargram will lead.
14. Antara Bhattacharya will lead from Ghatal SDO office.
15. Ajoy Ghosh and Pradeep De Uluberia will lead from the SDO office.
Earlier, the BJP held a similar protest in central Kolkata on July 4, despite being denied permission by the Kolkata Police to maintain Covid rules.
Bidhannagar police had detained Bengal BJP chief spokesperson Shamik Bhattacharya and leader Archana Majumdar for protesting the misrule of the state government.