change passwords regularly
- Change the password of net banking account regularly.
- Always keep the password confidential and do not share it with anyone.
Don’t give your details to anyone
- Bank never asks you for your personal information over phone or mail.
- Do not give login information if you receive any call or mail asking for details.
- >Enter Login ID and Password only on the official login page of the bank. Check ‘https://’ in URL while login.
- Check your savings account after doing online transaction.
- Check whether you have deducted the same amount or more than the amount you had to send.
< li>Inform the banks if any discrepancy is observed.
Use the right anti virus
- It is important to protect the computer from viruses.
- Use licensed anti-virus software.
- pirated versions of anti-virus software Do not use at all.
Turn off the Internet when not needed
- If there is no work then the internet should be turned off.
- Malicious hackers can break into your computer through internet connection.
Do not do net banking from public computer
Net banking should not be done from such public system. For example, computers in places like cyber cafes or libraries should not be used for this purpose. If net banking has to be done from such a computer, then do this.
- delete cache and browsing history.
- Also delete all temporary files from computer.
- Pop-up showing ID and password on browser But never allow.